Each week in October we will explore a new way to pray using the book Praying in Color: Drawing a New Path to God by Sybil MacBeth. If you've ever felt restless or distracted while praying, these practices may help enhance your prayer time. All you need is an open mind, paper and some colors.
Why Pray in Color?
- You want to pray but words escape you.
- Sitting still and staying focused in prayer are a challenge.
- Your body wants to be part of your prayer.
- You want to just hang out with God but don’t know how.
- Listening to God feels like an impossible task .
- Your mind wanders and your body complains.
- You want a visual, concrete way to pray.
- You Need a new way to pray.
Here is what you need to get started:
- colored markers, pencils, or gel pens
- a table, clipboard, or book to put your paper on
Below are step-by-step instructions for you.