Sunday, September 26, 2021, 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Let Someone Know They are Loved
The Children’s Ministry would like to invite you to participate in this churchwide program. We are asking everyone in the Asbury community to make or color greeting cards that we can bring to members who are struggling with illness, have lost a loved one, or simply need a reminder that they are loved.
Below you will find a variety of examples and instructions for making homemade cards, but if you are not up for scissors and glue, we also have some printable cards that you simply color. We want you to have fun and be creative!
When you are finished with your cards, you can drop them off in the church office during office hours, or you can bring them to the children’s building lobby on Sunday mornings.
This is an ongoing program, so please continue to make cards. The more cards we get, the more people we can share God’s love with.
Click on the links below to see example DIY cards and instructions for making each card. Please make sure you sign your cards before returning them.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. You are welcome to create your own designs. Pinterest is a great resource for ideas.
Below are a list of printable and colorable cards that are categorized by age and bible verse. Feel free to browse, as we have lots to choose from!
Pre-K and Lower Elementary
- Dino Hello 1
- Dino Hello 2
- Feel Better Friends
- Friends Sending Smiles
- Get Well Boy
- Get Well Bunny
- Get Well Butterfly
- Get Well Daisies
- Get Well Dino
- Get Well Girl
- Get Well Owl
- Get Well Train
- Joshua 1:9
- Rainbow Smiles 1
- Rainbow Smiles 2
- Sending Cheer-Farm
- Sending Smiles-Prince & Princess
- Sunshine Rainbow
- Sympathy Puppy
- Thinking of You Bear
- Thinking of You Duck
- Thinking of You Lion
- Under the Sea
- Sending Cheer - Baby Birds
- Free (Virtual) Bear Hug
- Don't Worry "Bee" Happy
- Feel Better - Blank Card
- Thinking of You - Flower Pot
- Get Well - Blank Card
- Get Well - Flowers 1
- Get Well - Flowers 2
- Get Well - Basket of Flowers
- Get Well - Bubble Letters
- Hello - Frog
- Just Breathe
- Thinking of You - Koala
- Miss You - Flowers
- Missing You - Letters
- My Sunshine - Circle
- Sending Lots of Love
- Singing Bird
- So Loved - Heart
- Thinking of You - Letters
- Thinking of You - Tea Cup
- Tune Thy Heart to Sing Thy Grace
- With Sympathy - Flowers
- You Are Awesome
- You Are My Sunshine 1
- You Are My Sunshine 2
- You Are So Loved 1
- You Are So Loved 2
- Colossians 3:2
- 1 Corinthians 13
- 1 Corinthians 13:7
- Hebrews 13:5
- Hebrews 13:6
- Isaiah 40:30-31
- Isaiah 46:4
- Jeremiah 31:3
- Job 11:18
- Joshua 1:9
- Lamentations 3:23
- Luke 4:18
- Matthew 17:20 - V1
- Matthew 17:20 - V2
- Matthew 28:20
- Nehemiah 8:10 – V1
- Nehemiah 8:10 – V2
- Numbers 6:25
- Philippians 3:13
- Psalm 18:28
- Psalm 23:1-3
- Psalm 23:4
- Psalm 23:5
- Psalm 23:6
- Psalm 27:13
- Psalm 28:7 – V1
- Psalm 28:7 – V2
- Psalm 34:18
- Psalm 37:39
- Psalm 73:23
- Psalm 73:26
- Psalm 107:29
- Psalm 118:6
- Psalm 119:105
- Psalm 119:114
- Psalm 121:7
- Psalm 136:26
- Psalm 147:5
- Romans 5:8
- Romans 8:39
- Romans 15:13 – V1
- Romans 15:13 – V2
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- 2 Timothy 4:17
Below are messages to add to your card. Choose one of these or make your own!
Messages for Sympathy Cards
- I’m so sorry for your loss.
- I am praying for you.
- We are sending you our love during this difficult time.
- Your Asbury family loves you.
- Sending you a big hug from Asbury
- I pray that you find peace in God’s love during this trying time.
- Sending you love and prayers
- We are praying for you to have comfort and feel His grace in your life every day.
- I am praying for you to find healing through the Lord’s infinite love.
- May you feel the light of the Lord bless your family and bring you peace.
- Our deepest sympathies and prayers are with you through this time of unimaginable loss.
- May God walk beside you and guide you through.
- God’s love is a light that can reach all corners of the earth.
- Lend your worries to Him and know that you are loved.
- May the Lord bless and keep you always, and may His presence give you strength.
- To our beloved fried and neighbor in Christ, please know that we are praying for the Lord's presence to be of comfort to you in this time of grief.
- "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
- "The Lord Bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. " Numbers 6:24-25
- "Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way." 2 Thessalonians 3:16
Messages for Get Well Cards
- Sending you a big Asbury hug. Get well soon.
- Get Well Soon!
- I hope each day finds you feeling better.
- Prayers for a speedy recovery.
- Sending you love and prayers.
- You are in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon!
- May the peace and comfort of God surround you during your time of recovery. Get well soon.
- I am praying that you get well very soon.
- May He bless your day today.
- I'm praying for you today. Get Well Soon
- I pray that you sense God's nearness to you and the certainty of His love for you. Get well soon.
- God cares about us and hears our prayers, and I am praying for you today.
- May God keep you in his care as you recover.
- I hope each new day finds you stronger and fuller with joy. God bless you.
- I hope you get well soon.
- I am praying today for your speedy recovery.
- May the hand of the Lord rest upon you as you recover and heal.
- May God encourage you and give you strength and healing.
- I pray you will feel encouraged in the coming days.
We are thinking of you and praying for you today.
- We pray that you will sense God's caring presence and strength in your life. We hope you feel better soon.
- "The God of love and peace shall be with you." —II Corinthians 13:11
- "Never will I leave thee nor forsake thee." —Hebrews 13:5
"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." —Psalm 31:24
- "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." —I Peter 5:7
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." —Psalm 46:1